Pages

Disconnectedness.



The fact that you're reading this
from a computer, laptop or mobile phone
proves that we belong to the same clan -

the Internet and mobile phone
are our daily staples.

Communication
has been reduced to
intangible texts and digits,
accompanied with a battalion of emoticons.

I'm not about to condemn
advanced technology.
I love maximizing the potential of,
for instance,
my Blackberry.

As much as the satellite hovers over
that part of the Earth,
I experience the bliss and power
of being omnipresent -

blasting a three page text message
to twelve people dispersed across the country
and receiving their replies
within three minutes multiplies my time
and makes any effeciency-conscious choleric very glad.


While I very often end the day being
Blackburied,
I have my daily Facebook, Twitter, Hotmail and Blogger
accounts to check.

Swimming through this motherlode
of digitized daily activities,
I'm becoming aware of a worrying symptom
that plagues this new generation -

Disconnectedness.

[to be continued]

*

Here's a teaser:








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS