Pages

Dog Dream.


[John F. Kenndy and his dogs, Shannon Clipper, Charlie and Wolf]

I've always loved dogs
but never owned one.

Besides rows of books about them
in my miniature library,
I was also a subscriber to top dog magazines
mailed from America
when I was a child.

[Lyndon B. Johnson and Yuki by Yoichi Okamoto]

I literally memorised
every dog breed
and studied the fundamentals
of dog-care.

On New Year's Day
when we were 14,
Clarice rung me up and rambled,
'My dog just shit!
My dog just shit!
Can you come over and help me?'

In a matter of a few bus stops,
the manure was professionally disposed of
by the grace and love
of Valerie's passion for dogs.

This incident only strengthened
my belief that
I DESERVE A DOG!


[29th American President Lyndon Johnson and Laddie Boy,
from The Libaray of Congress]

Back then,
I thought I had to beg
till kingdom come
for mum to fulfill my dream.

So during my waiting years,
Grandma bought me
four generations of hamster,
tanks upon tanks of kissing fish and guppies,
hideous terrapins and a pair of desert tortoise.

The animal enclosure
at my home depleted eventually.

And I'm still waiting
to own a dog
at 23.



[Christopher Morris]

See how sweet it is?

George Bush and his scottish terrier,
Barney.


33rd President of America
Harry S. Truman's Feller
famously said,
'You want a friend in Washington?
Get a dog.'

I could hug this cocker spaniel puppy to sleep.
What a bundle of marshmallows he is!


Bill Clinton and Buddy
at the Oval Office.

The public actually made thousands of
name suggestions
for his new best friend.


[Time
The latest First Dog
of the White House -

Bo Obama.
Oreos dipped in milk.
Yum.

*
After Wednesday,
I'll transit from the university
to the marketplace.

And there,
I shall excel and chalk up
some cash to buy myself
a dog.

Hopefully, some time soon,
a white or black Jeep Defender too.


Wouldn't it be nice
to roll downtown with a
handsome dog on a weekend?

*

I'm done dreaming.
Study now.

Have a jolly weekend.

Woof!




*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS