Pages

Door Closed.



''Look at me
Look at me
Just called to say that it's good to be

Alive


In such a small world

I'm all curled up with a book to read

I can make money open up a thrift store
I can make a living off a magazine


I can design an engine sixty four

Miles to a gallon of gasoline


I can make new antibiotics

I can make computers survive aquatic conditions

I know how to run a business

can make you wanna buy a product


Movers shakers and producers

Me and my friends understand the future

I see the strings that control the systems

I can do anything with no assistance

Cuz I can lead a nation with a microphone

And I can split the atoms of a molecule


Look at me
Look at me
Driving and I won't stop

And it feels so good to be
Alive and on top


My reach is global

My tower secure

My cause is noble

My power is pure


I can hand out a million vaccinations

Or let 'em all die in exasperation

Have 'em all healed of their lacerations

Have 'em all killed by assassination

I can make anybody go to prison
Just because I don't like 'em.


And I can do anything with no permission

I have it all under my command

Because I can guide a missile by satellite
And I can hit a target through a telescope
And I can end the planet in a holocaust''

In this lifetime,
I CAN DO THESE.

I can own my set of laws and principles.
I can erase every boundary.
I can develop skyscrapers.
I can be a millionnaire.
I can fly to any destination in my private helicopters.
I can dine in Vienna today and Malibu tomorrow.
I can own haute coutures from Milan, Paris, London and New York City.
With high-tech paint and powder, I can make myself gorgeous.
I can march down the red carpet,
bask and shine in the camera flashes,
live in the mags and papers.

I can patent a brand in my name.
I can create and validate cultures.
I can design systems.
I can build an empire.
I can make a man-made world
based on my rules and regulations.
I can make me great and exalt my name.
I can be famous and own a club of fans and worshippers.
I can be my own god.

But really,
at the end of it all,
even if I gain the whole world -

SO WHAT?

Any life built without
Him
ends in catastrophe.

And the tragedy begins with
a Closed Door
infront of me -

when my clock stops ticking,
when my Time is expired,
when Eternity begins.

*
[to be continued]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS